From Will Perry <Will.Pe...@microsoft.com>
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:17:26 GMT
Hi Folks-

In a fairly large DB (~8GB) we're seeing crashes, compaction failures and index rebuilds as
a result of duplicate doc ids. A selection of related traces includes:

[error] [<0.2990.111>] Compaction daemon - an error ocurred while compacting the view
group `System` from database `servicebus`: {view_duplicate_id,

                                        <<"test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk">>}

[error] [<0.7103.113>] Duplicate docid `test:-vM0xyKZdeSMCIukpTchI3ZeKhk` detected in
view group `_design/System`, database `servicebus` - This view needs to be rebuilt.

Can anyone help me understand what's happening here? How can we avoid getting into this situation,
and is there a best-practice to resolve it?

Cheers,

Will