From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: Seeking for professional training help with CouchDB
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:32:04 GMT
When the company you work for needs to use a new technology no one knows. If you have experts
inside you use them to train the others, when you haven't, you pay someone to train your programmers.
When do you need a new technology? When you have a project can't be done with the technologies
you know, because they don't scale or they are not an option anymore. Or when these new technologies
let you reach the goal faster and with a better result. Think for example at the adoption
of a framework when you never used one: if you decide to adopt Symfony or Ruby on Rails and
you don't have expertise, you call an expert to teach, not only you, but all your team.
Same reason you go to university: teachers are there to teach you faster things you can learn
alone, because, presumably, their experience drive you in the right direction, focusing your
attention on the useful things. This not always happen, because there are bad teachers and
bad trainers, like there are bad programmers, but I think I made a point here. :-)

-Filippo