From Vivek Pathak <vpat...@orgmeta.com>
Subject building couchdb 1.5 on centos 6.4
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:31:35 GMT
Hi

I was following the steps given in
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/install/unix.html for couchdb 1.5
install from source.

After installing dependencies through the yum commands, I could build
and install couchdb.  Next I made changes to its home directory and gave
permissions for user couchdb to those directories.

Then I started couchdb but got error :

     sudo -i -u couchdb /usr/local/bin/couchdb
    {"init terminating in
do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{{app_would_not_start,asn1},{couch_app,start,[normal,["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini","/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}}},[{couch,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

Both erl and js-devel versions appear to be reasonable for what is given
in the install guide.

The crash dump is a large file.  Is there any guide on how to actually
locate what is causing the problem?

Thank you
Vivek