From Tim Black <>
Subject Re: show/list
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:58:38 GMT
On 11/14/2013 02:46 PM, Kevin Coombes wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 3:34 PM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Filippo Fadda
>> <> wrote:
>>> You can do them in PHP or Ruby. In Rails you need 2 lines of code.
>>> I'm not gonna to expose my database just to serve some different
>>> client, all the urls are handled by a web server and I will serve
>>> any client from the web server. Security, consistence, scalability.
>> Why I do need PHP or Ruby, when CouchDB is able to do the same without
>> them?(: Having yet another technology in whole system only raises his
>> complexity and reduced fault tolerance.
> +10.
> I really like the idea of couchapps using JavaScript (frameworks) in
> CouchDB. There are then only two moving parts: the browser and the
> database, with no middleman to complicate matters.
Same here.  So far the following does everything I need for a web app:

HTML <--> Mustache/Backbone/etc. <--> CouchDB <--> NodeJS

This is a couchapp setup.  So all HTML except index.html is produced
client-side.  Lists are useful for RSS feeds or the like.

Hoodie's ( single database per user with filtered,
authenticated replications to a global share database looks like it will
solve most of my security needs.

View raw message