From Kevin Coombes <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: show/list
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:46:49 GMT

On 11/14/2013 3:34 PM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Filippo Fadda
> <filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Filippo Fadda
>>> - Provide different from JSON response to clients: browsers,
>>> non-couchdb clients (mostly xml driven), etc.
>> You can do them in PHP or Ruby. In Rails you need 2 lines of code.
>> I'm not gonna to expose my database just to serve some different client, all the
urls are handled by a web server and I will serve any client from the web server. Security,
consistence, scalability.
> Why I do need PHP or Ruby, when CouchDB is able to do the same without
> them?(: Having yet another technology in whole system only raises his
> complexity and reduced fault tolerance.

+10.

I really like the idea of couchapps using JavaScript (frameworks) in
CouchDB. There are then only two moving parts: the browser and the
database, with no middleman to complicate matters.