From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject Re: Seeking for professional training help with CouchDB
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:06:25 GMT
Reminds me of the old joke:

TV repair person comes in, bangs on the side of the set, it starts
working again, writes bill for $100.
Customer says, "what, $100 for banging on the set?" and asks for
itemized bill.
Repairperson write itemized bill"
$10 - banging on the set
$90 - knowing where to bang

Or, in this context:  You or I can learn what we need to be reading
documentation, wikis, and blogs; and with a lot of experimenting - but
that could end up taking a huge amount of time.  An expert can provide
"professional training" that presents a subset of all information, in an
effective order - to transfer maximum knowledge in less time (or should
be able to).  One is trading $s for hours.

Miles Fidelman