From Kevin Coombes <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why you should never use X
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:56:46 GMT
I though it was an interesting post. And while she does include the
paragraph you quote, I thought that her main conclusion was that
document-oriented databases are only good for building a cache in front
of a "real" (i.e., relational) database back end.

It is also clear that part of what drives her to this conclusion is the
design she uses of just a few massive documents.  In the simple (but
canonical) example of a collection of blog posts and comments, the basic
document would consist of "one post plus all comments on it" or maybe
even "one user plus all his/her posts and all comments on them".   And
so I think she fails to see the ability of well-written views to
aggregate documents on the fly.  But I haven't analyzed everything
carefully enough to tell for sure, and so I don't have a clear response
tot he two examples she describes in detail.

   -- Kevin