From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why you should never use X
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:04:18 GMT
Excerpts from Jens Alfke's message of 2013-11-13 06:25:45 +0100:
> Map/reduce views answer those issues. I don’t know if MongoDB has them, but I assume
it has something of about the same level of power

And you're right on this one: there is Map-Reduce [0], and the "caching"
of the result is done by storing the results in another collection (a
layer of hierarchy between the db and the document). After an express
read, it seems like you have to manage that caching collection and its
updating manually, though.

[0] http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/map-reduce/

--
Matthieu Rakotojaona