From Matthieu Rakotojaona <>
Subject Re: Can CouchDB be Distributed in a Fail-safe Manner?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:41:44 GMT
Excerpts from Hank Knight's message of 2013-11-06 19:27:56 +0100:
> I would like to distribute a CouchDB database on a minimum of 3
> servers for the purpose of redundancy.
> An attachment could be accessed like this:
> Is it possible to access the database from a single domain name that
> would automatically resolve to an instance that is running?
> For example if the server running on of the instances was experiencing
> a power outage it should automatically resolve to an instance that
> works.
> If so, where can I find documentation about how to do this?

This really should be the role of SRV records [0], but you'd need to ask
http clients to look out for a _http._tcp record. In the meanwhile, the
standard solution is a frontend proxy like HAProxy.

Matthieu Rakotojaona

View raw message