From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: os_process_error exit_status 139
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:33:18 GMT
From: E. Kastelijn E. Kastelijn
Reply: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Date: 12. Oktober 2013 at 08:32:54
To: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject:  os_process_error exit_status 139

>Hi all,
>
>Recently I had a (for me unexplainable) error message in my couchdb log.
>
>[error] [<0.497.0>] OS Process Error <0.4968.0> :: {os_process_error,
>{exit_status,139}}
>
>After some research I found out that selinux was blocking some access on
>my Fedora 19 system.
>I filed a bug for it at Fedora, and I disabled selinux to get CouchDB
>working again with:
>
>setenforce 0
>
>I saw this CouchDB Wiki page:
>https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Error_messages which mentions runtime
>errors.
>-> Could someone please add this type of error (139) and the work-around
>to the Wiki to help other users suffering from the same problem?
>
>kind regards,
>
>Egon Kastelijn

Hi Egon,

That's great to know this. If you logon to the wiki, we can add your account in & you
can update this page yourself.

Alternatively (even better and more brownie points) feel free to read up https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/share/doc/src/contributing.rst
and have this go into the documentation, to be enshrined for all eternity in git history.

MfG/Cheers
Dave Cottlehuber