From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:46:07 GMT
The site url is http://programmazione.it

I have a community with over 42.000 registered users and I'm rebuilding the platform on CouchDB,
PHP, ElasticSearch and Redis. I'm doing something in the middle between StackOverflow, Reddit
and WordPress. The difference with StackOverflow is that you'll not only might earn reputation
with questions and answers but also with articles, book reviews and links.
It's a long story, I didn't touch the code for many years, I was tired to manage it. I didn't
sell when I could (big mistake), and then I got tired to manage the site, so I started to
work for a US company as Chief Software Architect, I got a H1B Visa, but then I decided to
stay in Italy, I bought an house and I found myself forced to work again on the site. I could
use MySQL, but I decided to go with CouchDB because I wanted learn new things and I liked
the concepts behind it. Anyway, I hope to be on line for the end of the year.
I started Programmazione.it in the 1999 and I never used any intermediary. I have built relationships
with media centers and direct clients in the past years and I have client like Microsoft,
Oracle, Intel, HP, Fujitsu/Siemens Symantec, etc. Actually the business really sucks, but
I'm not moving commercially until the new site is on line.

-Filippo