From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:30:16 GMT
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Filippo Fadda <
filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:

> I agree, sub-communities when you have tags are useless, especially
> because reputation is per site. You can follow CouchDB and PHP, JavaScript,
> simply adding php, couchdb and javascript tags to your favorites. Having
> separate communities makes sense, but arguments not. I mean, you can't
> mixup groceries with programming but I find pointless having android as a
> separate site, at least on StackOverflow where a programmer can be
> interested in both Android and CouchDB and he wants earn reputation
> answering questions related to different arguments.
>
> -Filippo
>
> On Oct 31, 2013, at 7:15 PM, Florian Westreicher Bakk.techn. wrote:
>
> > I was talking about the osqa tool.
> >
> > One the topic of couchdb.stackexchange.com sub domain: I develop
> android for a living and never use the Android SX page, I think they are
> kind of pointless. I rather stick to SO and answer tags

Nod. you all are hitting on some of the very points that cause me to also
have mixed feelings about that network of sites as well. It's also true
that the same cat[tle]-herding problem exists between SO and a topic
subsite. I imagine the maintainers probably have entertained the notion of
Cc'ing "dba"-tagged questions into dba.stackexchange (which I happen to
think would be clever, and "leaking" some "dba" reputation would also be
clever) but as far as I know that doesn't happen. In any case, it's an
interesting discussion (here) and social experiment (there)... and Drupal
might be somewhat of an anomaly, I dunno.