From Ramkrishna Kulkarni <ramkrishna.kulka...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance - Initiating over 100 simultaneous replications.
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 01:38:06 GMT
I'm initiating over 100 one shot replications to as many servers from a
central server. When I do this, central CouchDB slows down a lot (Requests
to DBs time out) even though enough system resources are available. I do
not see more than 600 connections (netstat -an | grep -i established | wc
-l) being opened at the time of replication. My config looks something like
this:

[couchdb]
max_dbs_open = 10000

[httpd]
max_connections = 10240

[replicator]
worker_processes = 30
http_connections = 30

/etc/security/limits.conf
* - nofile 65535

ulimit -n
65535

This is CouchDB 1.4.x on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit, 8-cores, 6GB RAM.

I was hoping to see at least 3000 connections - 30 per replication. Is
there some other config I'm missing?

Thanks,
Ram