From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:21:47 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Filippo Fadda <
filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:

> OSQA has just a subset of StackOverflow features. You can't even compare
> them. I'm implementing something similar to StackOverflow (with some Reddit
> and WordPress features) and I really know what I'm talking about.
> Programmers tend to minimize the complexity of a system, but StackOverflow
> is a really complex piece of software.

Good news the goal is not to replace SO (though the software isn't really
that complex, the difficulty is more to achieved the critical mass of users
to start a business model. anyway that'sanother topic ...).

My goal is to have a website managed by the Apache CouchDB project where
the neutrality, privacy and independence is guaranteed. Having a system we
can host where all the content is under the apache license would make sure
it is. I don't want to force anyone interested to go on a private owned
website whose the business mode is still to come, provide his login or
having to read some advertising just to find answers.

Another goal for me is to create a knowledge base owned and controlled by
the project under a license compatible with the project. The CC-BY-SA will
require a lot of work on the long term to even include a response in our
doc (asking for the author agreement etc...) . Having such a knowledge base
that can be included anywhere without much effort is a goal that worth the
effort imo.

That's the goal I would like to achieve. I am not saying this tool is OK.
maybe we need something better. I would have time I would make something
working with the ml, jira and eventually replicable, but for the next 2
months I have not such time. But would be happy to support such project or
anything that could be adapted to it.

- benoit