From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb replication issue (badmatch)
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 22:47:23 GMT

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:08:41AM +0200, Pieter van der Eems wrote:

>   "_id": "pull_repme”,
>  "source": "http://localhost:5555/repme",
>   "target": "http://admin:********@server A:5984/repme”,

Three things I noticed:

1. Shouldn’t the _id be “push_repme”? This is a push replication from a local source
to a remote target.
2. The source can be written more simply as just “repme”. I don’t know if CouchDB is
smart enough (or able) to figure out that the URL you gave is a local database. If the db
is internal, CouchDB can access it directly instead of having to talk HTTP to it. That might
or might not be contributing to your problem.
3. The target URL says “server A”, but in your description above you call the remote server
“server B”. Typo?

> ... Within a few seconds I saw the database on server A now had
> 45 documents and futon reports it's size as 255.3Mb. Then no more
> activity as far as I can see.

Again, I’m confused because you’re inconsistent in saying which server the replication
is running on. A or B?

—Jens