From Adam Kocoloski <adam.kocolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doc Not Restored After PURGE
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:24:49 GMT
Nope. The only thing you can do on the target that affects which documents on the source are
checked is modify / delete the _local document storing the checkpoint information.  The ID
of that document is available from the doc specifying the replication in the _replicator DB.

Adam

On Oct 23, 2013, at 6:07 PM, Jay Clark <jclark@maf.org> wrote:

> What about if a COMPACT were performed on theTarget before replicating again from theSource?
Does that affect replication and which docs get checked?

> ~Jay

it had done is no longer valid.

> The replicator tracks the last sequence on the source DB that it has replicated to the
target. When you replicate after the purge the replicator has no reason to revisit doc2 (it
only cares about the feed of updates on the source), so it doesn't. If you bump the rev of
doc2 on the source the replicator re-examines it and transfers it over.