From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: What to do if replication does not start ... ?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:41:26 GMT
On 25. September 2013 at 11:29:44, itlists@schrievkrom.de (itlists@schrievkrom.de) wrote:

>I had an event last weekend, where we used CouchDB as our primary
>database. Normally we do replication between our databases.
>
>We had a network crash and then I tried to restart the replication but
>this did not work any more. We were using CouchDB 1.3.1 under Ubuntu.
>
>When we inserted a replication document into the replicator database
>nothing happened. We had no output to the CouchDB log - nothing. We
>restarted the CouchDB several times, but nothing happened. The main
>content of this database is to held attachments (pictures). We had about
>1000 documents in the database.
>
>In such situation, what can be done ? Actually one is leaving the
>"relax" path of CouchDB.
>

>Marten

Hey Marten,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Some more details might help.

How was your replication set up?
What sort of replication, esp was it continuous?
and what does "restart replication" mean?
Was it stored in the replicator db or not?
Any relevant errors in your system logs around that time?

Its unusual for a restart of couchdb not to fix stuff, and when the network comes up couchdb
should restart any replications saved in the replicator db automatically, assuming its not
exceeded the (configurable) maximum restarts.

A+
Dave