From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Deletion of a document with GUI not possible ...
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:11:08 GMT
A little more information will help us :-)

what "fail" means - specifically try to do curl -vX DELETE
$COUCH/db/document and show us the output.

couchdb version & platform you are running on.

a link to a sample document that doesn't work, & any design documents
that have a validate_update function.

My guess is that you aren't (yet) aware that validation functions also
apply to document deletions, & one of your validation functions is not
accepting the updated deleted document. With a single _deleted field
added, the validation function presumably still passes.

A+
Dave