From Ido Ran <ido....@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP POST to _replicate is sync?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:53:20 GMT
Hi,
We are trying to write a ruby script that replicate a remote database to
local CouchDB server.
I thought that I should do an HTTP POST to the _replicate special URL and
that I'll get back the replication information and the replication will run
asynchronously but as we found out the HTTP POST request does not return
until the replication finished (which can take up-to several minutes) or
HTTP timeout occurs.

Doesn't the replication request should be register in CouchDB and return
HTTP response immediately ?

Thank you,
Ido