From Max Thayer <...@cloudant.com>
Subject Sharing apps through replication?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:40:49 GMT
Hey gang!

Using filtered replication, we can theoretically clone apps from one
database to another using a single HTTP request. Much like GitHub's "Fork
me on GitHub", couldn't we have a "Replicate me with CouchDB" banner?

Inspired by Simon Metson's ReplicateMe<https://github.com/drsm79/ReplicateMe>,
I prototyped Replicate Me <http://replicate-me.maxthayer.org/>. In theory,
it creates replication documents based on that form. Sites can manipulate
form data using the querystring, to set source, filter, etc.; example
here<http://replicate-me.maxthayer.org/?source=http://jobot.maxthayer.org/api>.
In practice, the _replicator database doesn't like having CouchApps in it,
so it doesn't work.

Assuming CORS is disabled, how can we minimize the effort it takes to share
apps through replication?

Best regards,
Max <http://www.maxthayer.org/>