From Jason Smith <>
Subject Re: HTTP POST to _replicate is sync?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:56:10 GMT
For my money I rather like the sync and the async API. It could be
more orthogonal but it's not so bad. If I only have a few doc ids to
replicate, I prefer the sync way (_replicate) rather than creating a
document and watching it by polling or _changes or something.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:
> On 23. September 2013 at 11:33:55, Steven Barlow ( wrote:
> cc'ing dev@ on this.
>>If _replicate was depreciated, there would be no way to schedule your
>>own replications. Amongst other things, the _replicator database is
>>inconvenient when a client machine uses different proxies on different
> Good point. BenoƮt, I don't think thats the intent?
>>> (note: we should really deprecate _replicate).
> I think we should deprecate the endpoint but fold the functionality into _replicator.
Or the other way round :-). THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE replicat(e|or).
> A+
> Dave Cottlehuber

View raw message