From "itlists@schrievkrom.de" <itli...@schrievkrom.de>
Subject Re: What to do if replication does not start ... ?
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:40:19 GMT
Am 25.09.2013 12:41, schrieb Dave Cottlehuber:
> Hey Marten, Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Some more details
> might help. How was your replication set up? What sort of replication,
> esp was it continuous?
it was a continous replication with a filter function. the filter
function itself was ok
> and what does "restart replication" mean?
well, we stored stuff into the database, but that stuff was not
replicated to the other two databases - therefore we deleted the
documents in the replicator database (they were showing no error state)
and stored it again - but no task was assigned to these new documents.
> Was it stored in the replicator db or not?
yes
> Any relevant errors in your system logs around that time?
>
> Its unusual for a restart of couchdb not to fix stuff, and when the network comes up
couchdb should restart any replications saved in the replicator db automatically, assuming
its not exceeded the (configurable) maximum restarts.