From Dan Santner <dansant...@me.com>
Subject Re: Choosing Document IDs
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:47:06 GMT
I have always been a fan of UUID's over some coded mechanism.  I'll tell you why.  When you
are running multiple environments you can easily just copy a doc from one environment to another
without collisions.  Use a description code or something if you want a code of some sort that
encodes information about the doc but keep your id's as uids.  That's my two cents.
On Aug 5, 2013, at 4:08 AM, Oliver Schmidt <spiollinux@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm building a couchapp for collecting recipes with kanso. How shall I choose the document
IDs? Using a slug of the recipe name would create nice URLs but how can I prevent recipes
with the same name from colliding (there might be more than one recipe for apple pie)? Shall
I use UUIDs instead?