From Stanley Iriele <siriele...@gmail.com>
Subject distributed map/reduce in BigCouch
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 16:34:48 GMT
hello,

let me preface my question with the fact that I saw that BigCouch uses
clustering techniques, like quorum, found in the dynamo white paper so I
read about half of it yesterday.

How then does distributed map/reduce work?

if not all nodes have replications of all things how does that coordination
happen during view building?
also its sharded right so certain nodes have a certain range of keys.

My problem is this. I need a solution that can incrementally scale across
many hard disks...does big couch do this? with views and such?..if
so..how?...and what are the drawbacks?

Thanks for any kind of response.

Regards,

Stanley