From Peter Lemenkov <lemen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing dependencies of couchdb-*.rpm
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 06:11:42 GMT
2013/8/1 Stock, Ingemar <Ingemar.Stock@philotech.de>:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to reduce package dependencies of couchdb. Is there any way to
> get rid of some rpm packages? When I install couchdb on a fresh minimal
> CentOS installation yum installs about 70 packages. Has anybody
> experience with stripping down erlang to the required parts?

You shouldn't do that. That's the point of packaging - automatic
dependency tracking, functional consistency, and system
reproducibility. Do you have any technical reasoning behind your
intention? I mean maybe you concerned about additional few megabytes
of HDD size, insecure packages within the dependency chain, or
anything else.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.