From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Replication Errors
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:01:33 GMT
I'd more suspect

                               {exit,eaddrinuse,

which says that there's another process using the port. This is
probably not obvious but you're asking your local couchdb to replicate
between two remote instances this way -- both parameters are URLs --
and I think that's why this is breaking:

curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
http://localhost:5984/_replicate -d \
 {"source":"http://isaacs.iriscouch.com/registry", \
"target":"http://admin:XXX@127.0.0.1:5984/registry"}'

Try re-arranging this so that target is used as a local db rather than
a "remote" url-based one:

curl -vX PUT http://admin:passwd@localhost:5984/_replicator/npm_registry \
   -HContent-Type:application/json \
  --data-binary \
  '{"source":"http://isaacs.iriscouch.com/registry",
"target":"registry", "continuous": true, "user_ctx": {"name":
"admin"}}'

I also snuck in here to use the replicator db so this is persistent
between reboots, and also to run under admin user context so it can
also push ddoc updates as well.

If that fails, other than that, what OS are you on, and are you sure
there's nothing else (e.g. another couch instance) running?

npmjs repo at http://isaacs.iriscouch.com/registry/) with the command: