From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: Lots of requests with continuous replications (every 5 seconds)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:36:49 GMT

The checkpoint interval is now configurable on Cloudant (as of a few
days ago) as a consequence of either your report or another user. Just
add "checkpoint_interval": <number> to your _replicate request. If
your replication is started by CouchDB then this option will not
currently work.

On 29 August 2013 19:31, Franck Eyraud <> wrote:
> Hello list,
> I didn't find the answer to the following questions using Google :
> Why does Couchdb send a GET request to the database every 5 seconds while
> replicating continuously ? Doesn't the replicator use the _change API (with
> heartbeat functionality) anyway ? And if there is a need to poll aserver
> alive, 5 seconds seem very often to me.
> Plus, it seems it adds some fee issues in some cases :
> I don't have the issue above yet, but in the case of an application where
> clients can replicate so that they can run offline, this would result in a
> loot of requests. Is there a way to avoid this ? To make it less often ?
> Thank you for your help,
> Franck Eyraud

View raw message