From Andru Vallance <an...@tinymighty.com>
Subject Re: Unsolicited email from CouchBase
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:50:48 GMT
I can confirm that I indeed have an IrisCouch account, so it seems that explains it.  I wasn't
aware of the Iris Couch - CouchBase connection.

I probably checked a box stating I'd read the privacy policy which, as usual, I did not. As
far as privacy policies go it's actually pretty clear and to-the-point, so I praise them for
that, but it seems something like this line should be highlighted a bit better. Or maybe I
should just read privacy policies before I accept them.

Anyway, if you're not the customer you're the product; no such thing as a free lunch, etc.
 I think I would have happily accepted these terms for the free Iris Couch account anyway,
it would just be nice if they were laid out up front and centre.

Andru

See the Iris Couch policy here: http://www.iriscouch.com/policy (search for "privacy" or "couchbase").

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Andru Vallance <andru@tinymighty.com> wrote:
> Just wondering - has anyone else on this list been receiving unsolicited marketing emails
from Greg McFarlane at CouchBase? I've never signed up to anything from them, and since I'm
only just dipping my toes into the waters of CouchDB, my participation on this list is pretty
much my only active engagement with the CouchDB community - for now at least :)

no response until today I got a "follow up" message which made no mention of my request.

> This time I'm just clicking the unsubscribe button but it doesn't seem particularly cool
to me to be harvesting emails from an apache list for marketing purposes in the first place,
so I wanted to see if anyone else had been stung.

> Andru
>

>> Hello Andru,
>>
>> Couchbase is the leading NoSQL database helping hundreds of companies, including
Zynga, Orbitz, and TuneWiki deploy applications with a schemaless, distributed data tier.
Our database provides consistent high performance, a flexible data model, easy scalability,
and "always-on" operation.

>> I'd like to have a quick 5 minute call with you to explore whether Couchbase would
be a good fit for Tinymighty. Do you have any availability in the next two weeks?

>> Hello Andru,
>>
>> Just wanted to check back in. Couchbase is the schemaless NoSQL document database
used by many companies includingSalesforce.com, McGraw-Hill and Thomson Reuters. It provides
consistent high performance, a flexible data model, it's easily scalable, and it's always
on 24x7x365.