From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: best way to "warm" views offline
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:57:20 GMT
You can only "warm up" your views querying them. You can use cURL from your command line. This
will cause the creation of an index file per design document. This index file is updated each
time another query is made on a view defined inside the design document. A view is never updated
when you insert a document, but when you query the view itself. For performance reasons you
can choose to avoid the index update when you query a view, but the results will not include
the documents inserted since last query. Anyway you must force this behavior using a query
parameter. The index creation requires time, but the index update is generally fast enough.
So, the best approach is querying all the views when you deploy the application, because indexing
is a slow process. You can do that with a bash script. Eventually, you can query multiple
views at the same time, so you can benefit of a multi-core architecture.

-Filippo