From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Reducing dependencies of couchdb-*.rpm
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:16:00 GMT

On Aug 2, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is it possible to get rpm not to depend on a full GUI erlang install?
>
> Sure it's possible. You just need to rebuild Erlang rpms without GUI.

We did this a few years ago for the original Couchbase Mobile (which was literally a port
of CouchDB 1.1 to iOS and Android.) It takes some work, but you can strip things down pretty
far. For reference, our old iOS Erlang repo is here:
	https://github.com/couchbaselabs/iErl14/tree/master
(We haven’t touched or used this in a long time, so I don’t think we can help with questions,
sorry!)

—Jens