From Andru Vallance <an...@tinymighty.com>
Subject Unsolicited email from CouchBase
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:45:48 GMT
Just wondering - has anyone else on this list been receiving unsolicited marketing emails from
Greg McFarlane at CouchBase? I've never signed up to anything from them, and since I'm only
just dipping my toes into the waters of CouchDB, my participation on this list is pretty much
my only active engagement with the CouchDB community - for now at least :)

no response until today I got a "follow up" message which made no mention of my request.

This time I'm just clicking the unsubscribe button but it doesn't seem particularly cool to
me to be harvesting emails from an apache list for marketing purposes in the first place,
so I wanted to see if anyone else had been stung.

Andru

> Hello Andru,
>
> Couchbase is the leading NoSQL database helping hundreds of companies, including Zynga,
Orbitz, and TuneWiki deploy applications with a schemaless, distributed data tier. Our database
provides consistent high performance, a flexible data model, easy scalability, and "always-on"
operation.

> I'd like to have a quick 5 minute call with you to explore whether Couchbase would be
a good fit for Tinymighty. Do you have any availability in the next two weeks?

> Hello Andru,
>
> Just wanted to check back in. Couchbase is the schemaless NoSQL document database used
by many companies includingSalesforce.com, McGraw-Hill and Thomson Reuters. It provides consistent
high performance, a flexible data model, it's easily scalable, and it's always on 24x7x365.