From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Choice for redundant production environment?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:33:10 GMT
Hi Dan, oops, sounds like the docs missed a port range there.  Each of your nodes is listening
for connections from the other nodes on a particular port.  That port is advertised by EPMD
on 4369.  You can control the range of ports that might be used in the vm.args file -- the
following directive placed in that file will force your nodes to listen on port 9100:

> # Limit the allowable port range for distributed Erlang
> -kernel inet_dist_listen_min 9100
> -kernel inet_dist_listen_max 9100

Regards, Adam

On Jul 25, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys.  After a bit of wrangling I have bigcouch running!  Exciting stuff.  However,
does anyone know what ports I'm supposed to open for each node?
> The doc only mentions 5984,5986, and 4369 but clearly that wasn't enough.  Started with
those three and every PUT gave me a 500 even though it saved to the specific node, just wouldn't
propogate to the others..
> So then I opened all the ports and it worked like a charm.  So clearly there are more
ports required than the three in the doc.  Is Erlang speaking over some others?