From Berny Zamora <berny.zam...@gmail.com>
Subject Is CouchDB a good fit?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:09:14 GMT
Hello,

I am in the research phase of a pretty simple proof of concept "to do"
app. I stumbled on CouchDB when searching for synchronization
solutions for apps with a cloud data store. The idea is to create a
"to do" app using phonegap for iOS (iphone, ipad) and Android. Users
will have a local datastore (via pouchdb) and they could synchronize
their data to other devices they own. There will also be a website
where users can log in to view their data. The website data would be
served from couchdb. The mobile app data via pouchdb.

I am still working my way through CouchDB the Definitive Guide
http://guide.couchdb.org and the mailing list archive, so this may
sound like a silly question... but my question is, given this
scenario, does it sound like something CouchDB would be a good fit? It
seems from my reading that it would be a good fit if I used per user
databases (not sure if that is the right term)  but I wanted to pose
the question before investing more time into my research. Also, and
probably obvious is only the user's private data would sync across
their devices.

Also, if it is a good fit, are there any success stories and/or guides
of a mobile app syncing? If you have any good links / guides, send
them over, I am eager to learn and read more about this to make sure I
am going in the right direction.

Thanks for any help!!!

BZ