From Hank Knight <hknight...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB: Counting Total Occurrences of Unique Items
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:36:50 GMT
Aurélien,

I do not like the resulting format.

Using your code, I get this:
"fruit"	: 19

I want this:
{gooseberry: 3, cranberry: 1, plumb: 1, grapefruit: 2, lime: 1,
strawberry: 4, orange: 1, blueberry: 1, watermelon: 2, peach: 2,
lemon: 1}

So how can I get a count of all types of fruit, broken down by the
type of fruit?

I need to know specifically how many occurrences there are are
"strawberry" as well each of the other types of fruit.

https://zurv3aqzm.iriscouch.com/_utils/database.html?fruit/_design/zzz3/_view/zzz3

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.benel@utt.fr> wrote:
> Hi Hank,
>
>> For performance reasons, should anything be moved from the reduce function to the
map function or to an additional reduce function?