From "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to wrap my head around CouchDB
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:51:32 GMT
Hi,

I've recently picked up this book:
http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/index.html

I've read Part I and so far so good.  However, as I'm going through the
book, I'm having some
nagging concerns.  Here are the questions that I have:
1 - How is data represented in CouchDB as compared to MySQL?  How can I
create (or visualize in
my head) multiple tuples of the same type of data (as in a table that has
columns of specific types
and then each entry is a row)?  If I need to store multiple orders in a
system (where the data looks
roughly the same, how would that look?
2 - How is binary data handled inside of CouchDB?  As in, how is data
stored inside of CouchDB
and then used (text and binary)?
3 - Is this something that will be explained later in the book or did I
miss something important?

Thanks in advance.