From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding 'Source database out of sync' error
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:44:02 GMT
Check to see if instance_start_time is changing. It's included in the
output of GET /dbname, so it's an easy find. Make a note of it for
both ends of your replication before your test and then after you get
the 'out of sync' message. Once you've identified which end is
resetting, see if the couch.log shows the database crashing or being
closed by the LRU.

B.

On 15 July 2013 18:29, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy reply.
>
> When running the scenario, each node only has one user db (plus, of course _replicator
and _users) - there's a repl. Relationship setup for the existing db, but I can't see how
I'd get anywhere near 100 open dbs with this setup.

> Might it help to 'warm up' these new dbs by running a few queries against them before
trying to replicate?

> Cheers,
>
> Will

if they change. This is essential to ensure we replicate everything. The reason it recommends
increasing max_dbs_open is that instance_start_time only changes if the database has previously
closed, and this is commonly because the LRU has done so.

> Does it sound plausible that you have more actively replicating databases at either end
than your current max_dbs_open value? I believe the default value is 100.

> B.
>

> On 15 July 2013 18:09, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm seeing the following error pop up when attempting to write a new document into
the _replicator database referencing a newly created database:

>> checkpoint_commit_failure,<<"Source database out of sync. Try to
>> increase max_dbs_open at the source's server.">>
>>
>> The scenario I'm running is:
>>
>> 1.       On 2 couch nodes A and B
>>
>> 2.       Create a new database named 'Foo' on A, then on B
>>
>> 3.       Create a replication relationship on A to pull changes from B
>>
>> 4.       Create a replication relationship on B to pull changes from A
>>
>> This is failing at step 3 with a 400 (bad request) and Couch's logs are showing me
the error above. Incidentally, the same code used to work (on 1.2) - is there a known issue
or workaround?