From Stanley Iriele <siri...@breaktimestudios.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB: Counting Total Occurrences of Unique Items
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:56:23 GMT
The problem here is that you seem to not understand how the emit and key
value map reduce works.

Emit (key,value) couch db sorts and groups based off key.

In short your emit should be: emit( doc.fruit, null) if that's all you care
about... And your reduce function should be _count

The group param is for grouping the keys.

You can use group_level if there was an array of keys but this should
answer your question