From Dan Santner <dansant...@me.com>
Subject Best Choice for redundant production environment?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:41:04 GMT
I'm about to put together my production environment using couchdb as the backend.  I've been
running my test environment on a single linux node (couchdb ver 1.2) for about a year without
even restarting it once!  That activity has actually been more than I can imagine in our production
environment, however, I'm nervous about going into production running a single node.

So...my question to you guys is this?  Do I look into running big couch, and does that even
handle redundancy or just sharding?  Do I simply setup two nodes and let them cross replicate?
 Cross replication just seems ripe for problems, but I've never tried it so I'm asking you
all what you'd do.

My production traffic will not be high by any measure.  There will be bursts of activity but
as mentioned, nothing a single node hasn't been able to handle so far.

Any experiences you guys have to share is appreciated.

Dan.