From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject RE: Purging documents and view invalidation
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 07:04:04 GMT
Wouldn't the _local document which tracks replication prevent that? Provided the source and
destinations databases don't change URL it should pick up where it left off every time, and
therefore never consider the documents due for consideration unless they change. Are you suggesting
that it's rather fragile to rely on that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Smith [mailto:jason.h.smith@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 July 2013 16:23
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Purging documents and view invalidation

If you do that, and you re-run replication (or potentially if you use continuous replication)
then those documents will be re-replicated back to the remote site. Purging is as if the document
was never created at all. So when replication runs, the couches will want to copy it from
the "master"
source.