From Nathan Vander Wilt <nate-li...@calftrail.com>
Subject Re: Get the 20 posts, of the last seven days, ordered by number of hits
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:11:58 GMT
If your "hit" document includes the post date, you could map with `emit([hit.post_date, hit.post_id])`
and reduce with `_count`. Then you when queried with `?group=exact` you would have total hits
per post and you could prune the results using startkey to last 7 days. You would still need
to order all the recent matches yourself before limiting to 20 posts however. Assuming the
number of posts in a week is not enormous it seems reasonable.

hth,
-nvw

On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Filippo Fadda wrote:

> OK, this answered to my question:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5571459/couchdb-view-query-with-multiple-key-values
>
> It is never possible to query by criteria A and then sort by criteria B in CouchDB.
>
> So I have to get posts in a data range, then sort them by number of hits myself.
>
> -Filippo
>

> On Jul 22, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Filippo Fadda wrote:
>
>> Let's suppose I have a blog and I want display the popular posts, where popular means:
the 20 posts, of the last seven days, ordered by number of hits.
>> To avoid conflicts I don't save the number of hits in the post itself, but I emit
a new document every time a generic user displays a post.