From andy e <virtuala...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way to backup and restore after going offline
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 21:50:55 GMT
Hi,

We're trying to replicate a database while connected to the great big
Internet (the npm repo, actually). But after it is finished replicating we
need to take our copy and run it in a different and offline environment.

What's the best way to proceed? Just backup the database file(s), then copy
them over to our offline instance (we do this via disc/usb/etc). Anything
to be aware of when doing this ("make sure to grab this file", "run this
command first before importing")?

Is there any way to pick up just the changed documents, so that the second
time we do this, we only have to transfer what is new (versus copying the
entire thing again)? That's not too big of a deal if so but would be a
nice-to-have.

Thanks!

Andy