From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Problem with starting CouchDB on boot in OSX
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 18:58:44 GMT
On 12 May 2013 11:16, Marco Monteiro <marco@textovirtual.com> wrote:

> I've followed the instructions on the wiki to install CouchDB on OSX, using
> Homebrew. I'm using launchctl to automatically start CouchDB on boot.
>
> After booting the machine, the CouchDB process always start, but sometimes
> it does not answer to any request, as if it was not running at all. Killing
> the process (launchctl restarts it) always fixes this problem and gets
> CouchDB working. This happens in more than one machine. Has anyone seen
> something similar?
>
> I don't have any experience with OSX so I might have done something wrong,
> and I'm not sure how to go about finding out what the problem is.
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

Hey Marco,

I've not heard of that before.

What OSX are you running?
And what Erlang release? output of `erl +V` should be sufficient.
I assume this is CouchDB 1.3.0 you're running.

Can you put /usr/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log on a gist or similar? Feel
free to PM me the details if required.

A+
Dave