From Andrey Kuprianov <andrey.koupria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb 1.3 on AWS
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 02:13:59 GMT
Hi,

We have a bunch of Amazon servers running Ubuntu. We just installed Couchdb
from source and it works very well.

- followed couch's wiki, installed all dependencies first.
- then after running ./configure script, went through the check list and
figured out which dependencies were missing (i remember I skipped the LaTex
dependencies, because there were just too many I didnt bother installing
them at all)
- then followed through the rest of the procedures: installed, configured
permissions, set up the init.d script, etc.

I wish there was a regular package update for Couchdb though, although to
me it's not a big issue. I'd prefer installing from source anyways and
separating installation directories every time i do it, so that I can
always roll back to the previous version quickly, if something goes wrong.

   Andrey