From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: _rev or rev...? Did I see that right?
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 19:44:26 GMT
It is confusing, but this is the designed behavior. _id and _rev are
used where they could conflict with user-specified properties, which
is basically whenever you're viewing a document. In other contexts,
like the JSON that CouchDB responds with to indicate success or
failure of a PUT request, it uses "id" and "rev".

There's a ticket, COUCHDB-1725, for a future version where couchdb's
metadata is not intertwined with user data at all. With that work,
this kind of confusion can go away.

B.