From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Erlang view timeout
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 08:40:31 GMT
[couchdb]
os_process_timeout = 5000

so curl -XPUT localhost:5984/_config/couchdb/os_process_timeout -d
'"30000"' will boost to 30s.

B.

On 7 May 2013 09:30, Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@sophos.com> wrote:
> I decided to rewrite some of my javascript views in Erlang to get a bit more performance
and hopefully avoid some problems I was seeing with huge documents. However I'm running into
timeout problems.

> In the log I get this shortly after trying to query the view:
>
> ** Reason for termination ==
> ** {timeout,{gen_server,call,
>                         [<0.1905.0>,
>                          {prompt,[<<"map_doc">>,
>
> I get the impression from reading the source that erlang views might have a default timeout
of 5 seconds (presumably per document?). I'm mostly guessing based on the line

> -record(evstate, {ddocs, funs=[], query_config=[], list_pid=nil, timeout=5000}).
>
> Near the top of couch_native_process.erl
>
> I couldn't see anything in the configuration which would obviously let me change this.
Does anyone have any ideas?