From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject Re: How to give user feedback on view progress
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 19:23:06 GMT
O.k., I'll look this up. Thanks!

In one of my couchapps people upload data and then it can take a while for
the index to catch up. No data has to be downloaded then, so that case is
all about following the updating of the index. And as I present links so
the Users can check the result of the upload, I should also tell them when
they can do this.

I'd need a couchdb specific method for that, probably?

Am Samstag, 4. Mai 2013 schrieb Keith Gable :

> You could periodically pre-warm the views in a cron job and then only
> worry about data transfer, which you can display progress of using
> standard HTTP techniques. From: Alexander Gabriel
> Sent: 5/4/2013 9:04 AM
> To: user@couchdb.apache.org <javascript:;>
> Subject: How to give user feedback on view progress
> Hi experts
>
> I have some views and lists that can take a while to fetch all their data,
> especially on phones when downloading all the data is slow.
> I would like to give the user feedback on the progress.
>
> I tried using _all_tasks. But this needs admin credentials that I wouldn't
> want to send in the open.
>
> What are the available options?
>
> This could at least partly be a general question, outside of couchdb. I'm a
> noob so please tell me if there is a better place to look this up.
>
> Cheers, Alex

Alexander Gabriel
Wiesenstrasse 22
8800 Thalwil