From Jan Krems <jan.kr...@groupon.com>
Subject _security docs in cluster
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 08:51:29 GMT
Hi,
me again. I'm trying to run a decently complex deployment scenario with CouchDB (across multiple
data centers, load balanced) so it would be kind of important that changes in access rights
propagate correctly between hosts (and all of them are trusted). What would be the proper
way of doing this? It looks like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1391 is pretty
much dead. I'm thinking about creating a "magic id"-document (e.g. versioned_security) that
I protect via my design document, combined with a cron pushing whatever the content of that
doc is to _security every couple of minutes. Is there any better way? Should I rather use
BigCouch for something like this?

Thanks,
Jan K.