From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Multiple "follows" attachments not working.
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 00:39:09 GMT

On May 29, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Scott Weber <scotty2541@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The problem is, it is not working.  And I am not getting a response at all.  And
> the Erlang user window isn't showing anything.

Yeah. The MIME multipart support in CouchDB is in bad shape :( The parser seems to be very
brittle, and gives up if the structure is even slightly different from what it expects. (IIRC,
what you’re running into might be some detail of how the data ends — it might require
a CRLF after the closing boundary, or require no CRLF, or something like that.)

I see you’ve already noticed that CouchDB expects the MIME attachment bodies to appear in
the same order as they appear in the main document’s JSON serialization, instead of looking
at any of their headers. That one gave me a lot of trouble. There’s been a bug filed on
it for a while, and I think Jan has worked on fixing it for 1.4(?)

—Jens