From Scott Weber <scotty2...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject _rev or rev...? Did I see that right?
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 19:27:00 GMT
Hi Gang,

I notice that if I do a PUT, the reply has a key named "rev"
But if I do a GET, the key is named "_rev"

(In fact, this is a case for "id" as well )

I know the key is stored in the document, and is meant to be auto generated.
However, why can't the "HTTP/1.1 201 Created" reply with the key "_rev",
identical to what is in the document?

The fact that there are two different key names for the same thing makes code
re-use and encapsulation a little more complex.

Or am I missing something.

-Scotty