From Jeff Charette <ioma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connecting streams to cradle and couchdb attachments
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 00:53:39 GMT
Reformatted post!

This is a nodejs question concerning couchdb attachments.  It seems too specific to post on
stack overflow.  Sorry to ask on here!  I have 2 very long days into this so any help is deeply
appreciated!

I am trying to connect a write stream from graphicsmagic to a readstream in cradle in order
to send a document I processed with graphics magic to couchdb.

/* this makes the files, but loops infinitely */
im(result.buffer, v.name)
.resize(s.width, s.height)
.autoOrient()
.write("./temp/" + s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name, function (err) { // <-- this is the
write stream
 	if (!err) {
		var attachmentData = {
		  name: s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name,
		  'Content-Type': v.type,
		  body: fs.readFileSync("./temp/" + s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name) // <-- this is
the read stream
		};
		db.saveAttachment(docId, attachmentData, function (err, reply) {
		  if (err) {
		    console.log(err)
		    return
		  }
		  console.log(reply)
		});
	}
});

Theses are the docs I am pulling from:

https://github.com/aheckmann/gm
https://github.com/cloudhead/cradle

Is anyone doing this?  Maybe doing it another way?  I don't care whether I use cradle or not
just that I send the processed attachment to couch.
Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707
w  wearecharette.com
e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com

On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:22 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is a nodejs question concerning couchdb attachments.  It seems too specific to post
on stack overflow.  I have 2 very long days into this so any help is deeply appreciated!